Friday, February 4, 2011

Attacks on planned Parenthood

So I subscribed to the "News" packed on Google Reader, and was surprised (and a little disappointed" to see the Christian Science Monitor in it's bundle of subscriptions.  At first I was tempted to drop it like a pile of bibles, but decided I'd read a few articles before I did anything rash.  I'm glad I did, because I have two blog posts out of it!

So, to begin with, there's an article here which talks about attacking planned parenthood.  Not new news at all, I realize; however this is a new brand of attack video.  The article itself states that the videos are "highly edited", and that Planned Parenthood has "Zero Tolerance" for unethical behavior (we see your sarcasm eyebrows raising, CSM, and it's a low blow).

The article is here.

What I really don't understand about this is how it's any of the protestor's business?  As far as I can tell from posted accounts of going to the clinics, people there just scream and yell at you, and make the otherwise caring and friendly process a little more stressful.  I realize it's because they disagree with the idea of the abortion aspect of planned parenthood, but that's not really much different than a group of militant Atheists going to a church and protesting the Old Testament.

It may be my own naivety, but if it's not their daughters going in, then what right do they have to say anything?

2 comments:

  1. On the first page of the piece, I think it adequately explains the outrage:

    "...a series of undercover videos showing clinic workers apparently colluding with a man posing as a pimp to cover up exploitation of 14- and 15-year-old immigrant sex workers."

    Let me rephrase that last bit: "illegally trafficked underaged sex slaves."

    Providing abortion advice to pregnant women: legal. Providing advice to a pimp on how to get abortions for his underaged prostitutes without drawing the attention of the authorities: very much not legal.

    ReplyDelete