Sunday, February 6, 2011

Coeliac Disease?

It's funny, growing up it seemed like my stomach mirrored that of my mother's; always seeming to come down with the same things she came down with when she was younger, but I seem to be catching up again.  A few years ago while playing indoor soccer, I'd begin to have certain gastro-intestinal issues while playing that would make me rush to the bathroom immediately and have to stay out of the game afterwards.

Frustrating stuff, particularly when you were one of your team's greatest assets (in my humble opinion, I'm not bragging).  Mum suggested I swap my diet to that of a gluten free diet, and all seemed well.  Eventually I began getting off dairy too, as intensely dairy things like Sour Cream and certain flavours of Doritos chips.  All seemed well, not only did I lose weight, but my acne began to clear up, and I wasn't having those problems I was having at soccer.

Sometime later, I was off the diet, I think I decided I couldn't take it anymore, and just went back to eating regularly again.  I experienced lessened problems I'd had before, but decided to just bear with it.  Why?

Because chocolate cake is damn good and I will cut anyone who says differently.

However, I'm beginning to think I might actually be coeliac, and not even the sweet deliciousness of chocolate cake will deter me now.  I'm going to get tested sometime this week (Peterborough Walk-in having the equipment and time to do so), even if they have to stick a tube down my throat and into my guts (which is likely what they will do).  Even if I'm not, this is ridiculous, I've been sick or bedridden for a solid month now.  I turn 20 in five days, and I can barely eat soup safely (which is about the condition I've been in all month).  I don't want to spend the night of my twentieth year staring jealously as everyone else eats dinner...

At this point, even if it isn't Coeliac disease, I can't keep living like this.  I'm starving.  I've lost at least two pant sizes, and I'm down to Medium shirts from XLs.  I mean, were I being a gym rat and working all this off, great!  But I'm not, I'm just losing it in existing day to day, which is physically and mentally straining.  Thus, I proclaim, here!  On the Internet, where EVERYTHING IS FOREVER!

I will eat healthier.  I will have salads instead of pizza, I will eat healthy choices, not garbage grease!

No comments:

Post a Comment